Not every man knows how to wear colors and patterns or combine them. This post will talk about it so you don’t have to avoid colors. Here they are.
- Avoid beige t-shirts or anything around your face, tie for instance. It is hardly ever look good on someone.
- It is okay to wear socks in bright colors as long as it has pattern. Stay away from wearing socks in bright solid colors.
- French blue will always look good. French blue that is a rich medium blue will be flattering on most skin tone.
- Summer is the right time for you if you want to wear light and bright colors. Choose a color that is the signature of a season. It will make you not out of place. Try to find the color that enhances your skin tone and hair color.
- Stay away from loud patterns.
It is completely distracting and not flattering at all. It is so eighties but we have moved on now.
- Keep color around your face
the colors around your face will bring your face to look alive. Once again, try to find the color that is the best for your skin tone, and the color of your eyes and hair.
- If you are not really sure about the colors you have to wear and mix, look at ads around you. For example Brook Brothers that recently had great choices of colors or Ralph Lauren that usually uses a lot of colors in their collections. Italian is the best at wearing colors, so if you have a visit there, don’t forget to take a look at how they are combining the colors.
- Have you ever wondered to mix two similar patterns? The main point is not to make an optical illusion that make people dizzy to look at it.
If you want to mix stripes, for example, avoid wearing those in the same size and direction. Have it in the most possible different size. If you have it in the same size, it will give your eyes the tension of illusion. Because of the different scale, we will be able to see the compatible transition.
It needs the same techniques for the other pattern like checks. However it will be much more difficult to combine checks, especially for plaids.
- Let’s move on to the way of combining two different patterns. We can create the harmony also by considering the scales and the size of the patterns but the concept is different than before.
The important thing is to decide which one is the first pattern to be emphasized and which one is the second. The colors of the pattern are better to be in the same or similar hue. For example, combination between dark blue and grey creates a nice flow between the two items worn. The scale should be different. Too closely matched scales will make a very uncomfortable vibration to the people who see it.